- You will probably arrive at the International Airport of Salvador. I would just go to the city of Salvador because of the bamboo road to the city 🙂 …reason number 1:
- You will discover a unique & tasty cuisine that is influenced by European, African & South American kitchen. A very typical snack with African origin that is very common in Salvador da Bahia is Acarajé, sold by ‘Baianas de Acarajé’. It is a street food & also sold at the beach:
- It is warm & sunny almost everyday of the year. It can rain but just few hours later the weather will look like this again:
- You have three wishes for each Fita do Bonfim. You will find the ribbons everywhere in the city of Salvador. (I am spreading them in Berlin!!!)
- You will easily get in touch with locals if you speak a little Portuguese because not so many speak English when you are leaving the touristic areas. People are very friendly & helpful. This photo was taken after we just met these two women and had a little chat with them about the Afro-Brazilian religion Candomblé.
– more are coming 🙂
Feel free to comment more reasons <3